Hello Unixusers,

today I tested a new idea from my point to get more FPS out of League of Legends. The useage of this is very easy, so give it a try. I tested it with a GeForce GTS 250 and a HD 6850 and get a increasement from 10-15 FPS. Actually I play with the GTS 250 with all deatils on high, VSync and Shadows are off and I get round about 45-50 FPS! Even in teamfights, so League of Legends is gonna be absolutely playable with WINE.

Try the following:

1. Start a game in League of Legends. For the first test, a test game at all would be better.

2. Once, the game is started of loading, switch out and open up a terminal. Type in the following statement:

ps ax | grep League

This will show you all running processes with the name “League” in it. The output should be something like:

20193 pts/2    Sl+   29:30 Game\League of Legends.exe 8390 lol.launcher.exe Air\LOLClient.exe

The first number is the PID, the number of the prozess at your system. This process above by the way is the running League of Legends Game Instance. In your case the number would differently … take this number, we need it in the following process.

3. In your console type in the following:

taskset -p 1 200193

Don’t forget to change the “200193” to your PID of the running game instance.

That’s it! After that the Game should be much better to play. The only thing this will do is to set the process to one CPU Core. I actually don’t know why this is needed to get this big increase but at all, I got one from 25 FPS to 45 FPS … wonderful, now it’s time to play League of Legends without Windows at all 😉




PS: Don’t forget to combine this with the first improvement steps, like in this post: http://unixblogger.wordpress.com/2011/02/07/improfe-the-performance-of-lol-in-wine/